--- Jo Anne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dan wrote:
>
> >Our own Gautam is the recepient of a 2005 Sorros
> fellowship.  Details
> >concerning this fellowship are given at
>
> >http://www.pdsoros.org/
>
> Congrats, Gautam.  I know what a big deal that
> is...because:

http://www.soros.org/initiatives/justice/news/fellows_20040122

First, thanks very much to everyone for their good
wishes.  I was, and am, honored, humbled, and
surprised to get the fellowship.  Reading the bios of
people who won in previous years was always
aspirational for me - I wished I was that sort of
person, and I think it'll be days before I really
process the fact that I won one as well.  I'm just
hoping that I don't get a call tomorrow where they
tell me they've made a mistake!

Second, congrats to JoAnn for her daughter's
remarkable achievement.  I can't believe she didn't
say something earlier!  The award she received is
actually far more impressive, because it's for
creating and enacting a real program to do immensely
valuable work.  New American Fellowships, by contrast,
are more for - potential is probably the best word.
What your daughter is doing is really extraordinary,
and I hope you give her my best wishes as well.

=====
Gautam Mukunda
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Freedom is not free"