Deborah Harrell wrote:
Dan Minette <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

From: "Deborah Harrell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

_Any_ surgery involving general
anesthesia carries a small but definite risk of
death.  How pathetic to risk one's life to be
"well-endowed"...

Something hit me about this saying. Is the following statement true or false?

Any horseback ride carries a small but definite risk
of death.

<snort>
Not doin' it for cosmetic reasons, though!

And of course, we risk death every time we get into a
car, or go to the bank, or fly in an airplane.  My
point is not to eliminate the risk of death, but to
reduce risking death *foolishly.*  And -- what Julia
said!  <grin>

Debbi
Strappped Down For The Ride Maru  ;D

Heck, if you're a woman, sex carries a small but definite risk of death -- women die from complications of pregnancy or childbirth, not as often as they used to, but still occasionally, even in the countries with the best medicine....

        Julia

most acutely aware lately of the risk to the child that comes from being born too early -- 1 death, 2 babies in NICU I know of personally :(