Any of you interested in a vivid and lively skim across the surface of "singularity" thinking (the notion that progress is accelerating toward a historical break point in the next few decades) should drop by: http://www.singularitywatch.com/articles/jsinterview2003.html

Also, see my ongoing series of chapters in a work about "Modernism and Its Enemies" that I am scribbling in draft for in a blog at: http://www.davidbrin.blogspot.com/ There have been lively discussions.

Finally, any of you interested in yet another Holocene gathering this Thursday at the usual time?

The last few gatherings showed that the new and innovative Holocene online discussion system is working vastly better than before, with really nice user-friendly features like "pinning" to keep the conversations from jumbling on top of one another.

Those of you who are regulars, just go ahead and log in at the normal time. (4pm Pacific, 7pm Eastern).

Any newcomers, feel free to drop by the Holocene site www.holocenechat.com/ and take the powerpoint "guided tour". Then email me about joining for a demo. Either this Thursday or some other time.

All best meanwhile!

With cordial regards,

David Brin