On Mar 29, 2005 8:51 AM, Alan Ackley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,

Hi,

> David Brin mailed me the contact info for this mailing list group a few days
> back, and although I've no idea how this will connect with any past
> discussions, I thought I'd toss this little pebble in the pond;
>
> I had a weird reality glitch reminiscent of the Matrix movie;
<snip>

Treating this seriously -

A number of years ago I had several reality glitches like you
experienced when I was under stress and thinking my world was changing
for the worse.

I finally decided to play with the hypothesis that I was exchanging
places within the multiverse of infinite worlds and the external world
I was in adjusted to fit my internal karma.

After getting in a better mood the worst changes, mutants moving in
down the street, the disappearance of some of my things when I knew
where they were, seemed to go away and I forgot about it.

Your post has made me realize it continued.  I've moved into a world
where a prep school moron President's disastrous war, national
bankruptcy, erosion of liberties, corporate takeover of government,
environmental destruction, squandering our economic and moral
leadership in the world, systematic lying, and waging war on our
unemployed, our children's health, and our minimum wage workers would
be of no concern to the electorate.  And the Republicans would win by
correctly seeing that the chief concern of the electorate was to keep
gay couples from getting married and having abortions.

I wish to apologise to any of you others I may have brought to this
world with me.

--
Gary Denton
"How the Grinch Stole Marriage"