At 11:36 PM Saturday 4/2/2005, Julia Thompson wrote:

On Sat, 2 Apr 2005, Ronn!Blankenship wrote:

> What I was disappointed with was after I went to all the trouble of
> finding rubber bands in BYU's colors of blue and white, no one at the SF
> symposium a few weeks ago commented on the fact I used them to tie up my
> ponytail.  (First time I've grown one of those, starting late last
> summer.)

Hm.  About the only thought I would have put into elastic band choice
lately is to try not to wear orange to AggieCon.  :)  (I used to
color-coordinate elastic bands with my outfit, but gave it up, and started
buying mostly black ones, which go with pretty much anything.

True. There are also the clear poly bands.

When I first started growing it, I already had some of those small rubber bands in various colors which I had gotten for other uses, such as making bundles of long objects which were thinner than the average pencil, such as thin plastic or metal rod stock, frex. (My mother kept a package in the cabinet for sealing non-zipper bags before putting them in the freezer.) I started using purple and yellow on nights I teach, as that was the closest I had to Montevallo's colors of purple and gold. And I actually didn't go to the trouble of looking for the blue and white ones: I just happened to find those just before going out to Utah, and of course I was making a bit of a smart-aleck statement because of BYU's policy on hair length for students. (There were probably more males with beards and long hair on campus that weekend than most of the rest of the year combined.)

And the
all-black packages have the virtue of not containing pink, which Dan
would prefer not to wear out of the house.)

Does he wear them in the house? If so, does he ever find himself having to go out without having time to change them?

Now, if you'd added ribbons, that might have gotten a comment.

I'll keep that in mind for future reference.

--Ronn! :)