In a message dated 4/6/2005 12:16:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Rich white liberals could demonstrate how moral they
> were - they were _Concerned_ about the environment -
> without really giving up anything, because malaria had
> already been wiped out in their countries, and if poor
> brown people far away die in order to emphasize their
> moral purity, well, so what?).

Well - It is only recently that the notion that DDT was in fact useful in
fighting Malaria has come into the public consciousness. When it was initially
discovered that DDT was thinning the eggs of birds and rapidly killing off
raptors there was a reaction to pesticide. At the time, it was thougth that we
could replace DDT with less toxic agents. Over the years we have become sadly
wiser. But old habits and ideas die hard. But die they do. Bottom line, you
denegate "rich white liberals" for no particular reason other than to create
your
usual demons.

By the way, Pedro looked good in his first start for the mets.