Ronn!Blankenship wrote:
At 07:29 PM Wednesday 4/6/2005, Julia Thompson wrote:

1) <rant> Google maps doesn't have my street. My street didn't exist in 1998. It existed in 2000. Google is way behind the curve on this one. Yahoo has my street, but has one of the streets leading up to it mislabelled. Mapquest will map the route to my house, but won't give directions for the last mile -- which is where you really, really need it. There is no good way to give anyone directions to my house just off an on-line mapping service. </rant>

Seeing as the snakes seem to have no trouble finding your house, have you considered telling potential first-time visitors to just find a snake and follow it to your house?

No, because if they're actually following a snake on the road, it'll get whacked with a hoe before it gets here. (At least, the big rattler that 6 passes with a pickup didn't kill got whacked with a hoe eventually. Oh, the big chunk of limestone didn't do it in, either, which is what they tried after the pickup truck and before they went to a neighbor to borrow a hoe. They bought their own hoe shortly after that, I'm sure. This was in front of a house along the most logical route.)

        Julia