On Apr 6, 2005 11:25 PM, Dan Minette <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > Oh, I just found an interesting long article on it
> > >
> > > http://www.cis.org.au/policy/Spring01/polspr01-1.pdf
> >
> >  An article by Roger Bate of the American Enterprise Institute. Great.
>
> OK, you don't like his political position.

 My point was that I complained about DDT being used as a tool to
smear environmentalists and as a counterexample you linked to someone
who is paid to smear environmentalists.

>  Can you find falsehoods.  Would
> you accept
>
> http://www.fightingmalaria.org/research.php?ID=20&month=
> http://www.globalpolicy.org/socecon/develop/africa/2003/0529malaria.htm
>
> The first is an African group, and the second is the Christian Science
> Monitor.  In particular, we should note the lack of international funding
> for DDT.  Do you think this is unconnected with the political power of the
> environmental movement?

 There's certainly nothing in the articles to suggest that. In fact
they support my view: 22 countries use DDT to fight malaria, the World
Health Organisation endorses its use, not all Africans agree that the
use of DDT is the best option.

 Martin