Oddly enough, no, I don't think so.  Historians who
focus on the military stuff understand military
affairs better and understand that wars are not _just_
decided by who has the bigger economy.  Those who
don't look at military stuff tend, in my opinion
(Damon, for example, may disagree) to vastly underrate
the role of contingency in military outcomes.

Perfect example: France vs. Germany 1940.

You might be able to make the same argument of Athens vs. Sparta...

Damon.

Damon Agretto
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum."
http://www.geocities.com/garrand.geo/index.html
Now Building: UM's PzKpfw 38(t) Ausf. C