Or you could call your local Animal Protection Agency (or whatever it is
called in your area) and ask them to capture and remove the snake for you,
and then release it into the wild. That way you won't have to murder an
innocent animal. If *you* show up at the doorstep of someone who doesn't
want to see you, would *you* think it would be reasonably for that person to
just kill you, rather than ask you to leave or call the police?

Americans and their guns. Bah.