Robert J. Chassell wrote:

If the Iraqi government had waited until it had nuclear weapons, Iraq
might well have become the first country since 1945 to annex all of
another country successfully (country as recognized by the UN as a
1648 `Treaty of Westfalia' type of country, not as a `protocol state'
such as South Vietnam)

Just to nit-pick (as is list tradition), I think the people of Irian Jaya would disagree...
I'm not sure how you'd consider the status of Tibet either - aren't they effectively annexed?

These only confirm your point - no-one was going to liberate Irian Jaya because the US had authorised the invasion and they were a nuclear power, and no-one liberated Tibet because China was a nuclear power...

Cheers
Russell C.

------------------------------------------------------- This email (including any attachments) is confidential and copyright. The School makes no warranty about the content of this email. Unless expressly stated, this email does not bind the School and does not necessarily constitute the opinion of the School.

If you have received this email in error, please delete
it and notify the sender.