At 09:06 PM 4/26/2005 -0700, Nick Arnett wrote:
>> Pyongyang says its pursuit of nuclear weapons is defensive to cope
>> with U.S. "reckless moves for military aggression," but analysts
>> dismiss the claim because if North Korea had no weapons, the United
>> States would have no reason to attack it.
>
>Somebody needs to alert these analysts to the fact that we did attack a
>country that was without nuclear weapons (or any other WMDs) and no active
>program to build them.
>
>Was this some sort of satire that went right by me?

They just missed the word "programs."    If the DPRK had no nuclear weapons
programs, the US would have no reason to attack it.

Or do you think that if Iraq had cooperated with the UNSC resolutions that
the US would have attacked it anyways?    Or do you believe that even if
the DPRK opened itself up to verifiable nuclear weapons inspections that
the US would be likely to attack it?

And if you don't believe any of these things, what exactly is the satire
again?

JDG