Travis Edmunds wrote:
>> From: "Robert G. Seeberger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> To: <brin-l@mccmedia.com>
>> Subject: I am spamming your head I am spamming your head
>> Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 17:31:11 -0500
>>
>> http://www.cdbaby.com/amycd2
>>
>> The album I have been helping to midwife for the last year.
>> With tinny sounding samples that are supposed to make you have to
>> have to have this album today!
>>
>> I worked my ass off to get this out. You could at least give the
>> tinny samples a listen.<G>
>
> I gave 'em a listen and...well...how 70's prog rock of you; et al!
>
> <lol> It's true for some of those samples anyway, and you know it.

It is certainly true of about half of the album.<G>
But considering that a love of prog is what brought these great people
together, it is not surprising.

> But yeah, I think there's some fairly decent music on that album.
> And
> if I could afford to I'd probably buy one. Hell, I'll probably buy
> one anyway. In a while. When I get a job.

I like to think that AMYCD is an example of what Brin talks about when
he discusses the rise of competent amateurism. In AFAIK only one piece
was recorded in a studio (and I am pretty sure that was a piecemeal
affair). The rest were recorded in bedrooms, living rooms, basements
and converted garages. Most were recorded using the artists personal
computer. I am quite amazed at the quality results one can achieve in
such ordinary circumstances.

> Anyway, kudos for helping to get the muzak out there. You just went
> up three and a half points on my cool meter. For what that's worth.

It's worth quite a lot, even though I doubt I have done anything
worthy of such props.

xponent
Only Having Fun, Doing Things I Like Maru
rob