At 03:30 PM Tuesday 5/3/2005, Dave Land wrote:
On May 3, 2005, at 10:45 AM, Horn, John wrote:

Behalf Of God

Try this: ask people like Nick, Erik and JDG some questions that would
force them to seriously rethink their attitudes and opinions; hold them
accountable for what they say and do on this list. Then see how many (or
rather: how few) of those questions will actually get answered.

Oooo...! It looks like God has just tipped his hand.

I mean if it gets through my dense skull, it must be obvious to
everyone else...

I've had brain surgery, and had a pretty solid cranium to begin with, so please enlighten me... Who do you think God is?

<quote>

God Is the Ruler of Heaven and Earth

The prophets have taught us that God is the almighty ruler of the universe. God dwells in heaven (see D&C 20:17). Through his Son, Jesus Christ, he created heaven and earth and all things that are in them (see Moses 2:1). He made the moon, the stars, and the sun. He organized this world and gave it form, motion, and life. He filled the air and the water with living things. He covered the hills and plains with all kinds of animal life. He gave us day and night, summer and winter, seedtime and harvest. He made man in his own image to be a ruler over his other creations (see Genesis 1:26–27).

God is the one supreme and absolute being in whom we believe and whom we worship. He is the Creator, Ruler, and Preserver of all things (see Discourses of Brigham Young, pp. 18–23).

What Kind of Being Is God?

Because we are made in his image (see Moses 6:9), we know that God has a body that looks like ours. His eternal spirit is housed in a tangible body of flesh and bones (see D&C 130:22). God’s body, however, is perfected and glorified, with a glory beyond all description.

God is perfect. He is a God of love, mercy, charity, truth, power, faith, knowledge, and judgment. He has all power. He knows all things. He is full of goodness.

All good things come from God. Everything that he does is to help his children become like him­a god. He has said, “Behold, this is my work and my glory­to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man” (Moses 1:39).

<<http://library.lds.org/nxt/gateway.dll/Curriculum/home%20and%20family.htm/gospel%20principles.htm/our%20premortal%20life%20with%20god%20unit%20one.htm/our%20father%20in%20heaven%20chapter%201.htm?fn=document-frameset.htm$f=templates$3.0>>

God is not only our ruler and creator; he is also our Heavenly Father. “All men and women are … literally the sons and daughters of Deity. … Man, as a spirit, was begotten and born of heavenly parents, and reared to maturity in the eternal mansions of the Father, prior to coming upon the earth in a temporal [physical] body” (Joseph F. Smith, “The Origin of Man,” Improvement Era, Nov. 1909, pp. 78, 80).

Every person who was ever born on earth was our spirit brother or sister in heaven. The first spirit born to our heavenly parents was Jesus Christ (see D&C 93:21), so he is literally our elder brother (see Discourses of Brigham Young, p. 26). Because we are the spiritual children of our heavenly parents, we have inherited the potential to develop their divine qualities. If we choose to do so, we can become perfect, just as they are.

<<http://library.lds.org/nxt/gateway.dll/Curriculum/home%20and%20family.htm/gospel%20principles.htm/our%20premortal%20life%20with%20god%20unit%20one.htm/our%20heavenly%20family%20chapter%202.htm?fn=document-frameset.htm$f=templates$3.0>>

</quote>

Hope This Helps Maru

-- Ronn! :)

Oh . . . did you mean "Who do I think is calling him- or herself ‘God’ when posting to the list?"