* Erik Reuter ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> What causes productivity growth? Capital deepening (i.e., more
> machines per worker, better equipment, etc.) and more skilled (or more
> efficient) workers.

From 1947 through 2004 (the years for which I have productivity data),
average annualized productivity growth was 2.5% per year during
Republican presidents and 2.8% per year during Democratic presidents.*

Productivity data is from:
   http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/series/OPHPBS/2/Max

You can see a graph of productivity growth here:
   http://erikreuter.net/econ/ophpbs.png

*I did not include years 1953, 1961, 1969, 1977, 1981, 1993, or 2001 in
the calculation of average annualized productivity growth for obvious
reasons.

--
Erik Reuter   http://www.erikreuter.net/