On 6 May 2005, at 3:19 am, Dave Land wrote:

WTG: No, they aren't actually. "There is no God" is a rational claim based on evidence. "There is a God" is a statement of faith made in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Do you have evidence of the non-existence of God, or do you merely conflate the lack of evidence of the existence of God with evidence of God's non-existence? I know that I ask questions by way of making an argument, but this time, I really want to know what you consider to be the hard evidence of the non-existence of God.

Lack of evidence for something is evidence against it. Overwhelming lack of evidence for something is overwhelming evidence against it.

The claim is that there is a god, omniscient, omnipotent, created the universe and so on. A remarkable claim. And after thousands of years not one shred of evidence or plausible argument to support the idea. Case closed.

--
William T Goodall
Mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Aerospace is plumbing with the volume turned up." - John Carmack