At 02:36 PM Sunday 5/8/2005, Alberto Monteiro wrote:
Ronn Blankenship wrote:

> Sometimes I suspect the existence of an Eliza-like program called "Don
> Rickles" which generates a random selection of insults in response to any
> post that almost sound as if they are coming from a human being . . .

Good idea! Create a program that responds to a message with
insults. We could even escalate it, like "level 1" insults [those that
the victim would have to read twice to get it]

Or just the frustration that an unsuspecting victim (I mean "user") experienced when frex he tried to log on normally by typing

LOGON

and the system replied

... THE FIRE
BEER IN MY HAND
GIRL BY MY SIDE
I'M SET FOR THE NIGHT.

(Any other command elicited a similarly useless response.)

going down to
"level 10" [F**K YOU B**TARD MOTHERF**KER!!!]

Actually, what it did when the unsuspecting user got trapped into the program (you didn't think it was easy to get out, did you?) and started typing "Level 10" insults was to inform him that swearing was not permitted and that it was going to inform the system operator . . .

-- Ronn! :)