On May 8, 2005, at 12:18 PM, Robert G. Seeberger wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050507/ap_on_re_us/ church_politics_4

Some in Pastor Chan Chandler's flock wish he had a little less zeal
for the GOP. Members of the small East Waynesville Baptist Church say
Chandler led an effort to kick out congregants who didn't support
President Bush. Nine members were voted out at a Monday church meeting
in this mountain town, about 120 miles west of Charlotte.

What I find most ironic about this is they were *voted* out. But that's probably OK. The more the extremists dominate the religious outlook in the US, the more they will continue to alienate the centrists, which will have the net result of the Republican party swinging back into the hands of moderates. (Remember what happened when Buchanan did his split?)

Had this particular ugly little trend begun in 2003, we might have a different president today.

Things are looking up!

-- Warren Ockrassa, Publisher/Editor, nightwares Books http://books.nightwares.com/ Current work in progress "The Seven-Year Mirror" http://www.nightwares.com/books/ockrassa/Flat_Out.pdf