On May 10, 2005, at 2:04 AM, Andrew Paul wrote:

Ronn!Blankenship quoted:

Gay men have fewer children, meaning that in Darwinian terms, any
genetic
variant that promotes homosexuality should be quickly eliminated from
the
population. Dr. Hamer believes that such genes may nevertheless
persist
because, although in men they reduce the number of descendants, in
women
they act to increase fertility.

Please explain Dr Hamer. Women with gay genes are more fertile?

I came across an interesting piece of research -- a finding actually -- about six months ago that led to that conclusion, basically. The idea was that women who were more sexually active tended to have sons of homosexual persuasion.

I have no idea how much following up the finding's had, and can't seem to Google up the ref now, and hell if I can even remember where I found the story in the first place. For all I know this Dr. Hammer character is the one who did that other research!

This is the important part of the article, I think:

Alternatively, Dr. Savic's finding could be just a consequence of straight
and gay men's using their brain in different ways.

"We cannot tell if the different pattern is cause or effect," Dr. Savic
said. "The study does not give any answer to these crucial questions."

Unfortunately it's easy to overlook this significant disclaimer in the midst of all the conclusive noise.

-- Warren Ockrassa, Publisher/Editor, nightwares Books http://books.nightwares.com/ Current work in progress "The Seven-Year Mirror" http://www.nightwares.com/books/ockrassa/Flat_Out.pdf