On May 12, 2005, at 10:04 PM, Nick Arnett wrote:

On Thu, 12 May 2005 21:45:30 -0700, Dave Land wrote
On May 12, 2005, at 4:38 PM, Deborah Harrell wrote:

*There might, I say might be a rare variant in which
Teal is Dusty Rose -- but "Their Dusty Rosenesses"
sounds much too run-on, at least in my handbook.   ;)

Please pay attention. They're not teal (that color is a trademark of the San Jose Sharks), they're not "dusty rose" (that color is SO '80s), they're PUCE.

Hey, this is my refuge from work. Don't be bringing it here.

Explanation to those of you who don't happen to work where Nick and I do... For some reason, the color puc, has become a kind of running joke, rather like the color teal and the phrase "pay attention" have done here.

Dave

PS: It's a deep red to dark grayish purple. Really, a kind of dark,
saturated dusty rose, I suppose. I will puke now.