* Robert J. Chassell ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> JDG, you weaken your argments when you take Dave's words out of
> context.  For example, you also queried whether Conservative Democrats
> should be considered `Left-leaning'.  That is a good question.

No, it is not a good question. This whole thing is really silly. Start
with a label "liberal", and then come up with another 2 labels. You can
bet that one of the other two labels will have the plurality. If instead
you add 20 more labels, then liberal will probably have plurality. Play
around with the labels and you can get whatever you want. It is just
silly. Why the need to arbitrarily pigeonhole? We already have the
labels Democrat and Republican. And the Republicans have been winning
lately. I'd venture a guess that the Democrats would have done better
recently if the more left-leaning ones had less influence on the party.

Robert, you weaken your arguments by engaging in this silly slicing,
dicing, and labeling. Do you want people to ignore you as irrelevant?

> I have not the foggiest idea whether Pew-defined `Conservative
> Democrats' are for borrowing and spending, like the current Republican
> administration, or for government frugality, like the current
> Democrats;

Ha, the Democrats frugal? No. Both Democrats and Republicans have failed
to fix Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security, which together have a
present value deficit in the tens of trillions of dollars.

The main difference that I see between the Democrats and the Republicans
is that the Republicans spend more and tax less, and the Democrats spend
more and tax more. Granted, the latter is better than the former, but
hardly frugal.

--
Erik Reuter   http://www.erikreuter.net/