On Sun, 15 May 2005 23:06:38 -0400, John D. Giorgis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I came across a thought provoking article today by Christopher HItchens
that relates to our recent discussion on "what's going better in Iraq for
the Iraqis."

Excerpt:
Ian McEwan observed recently that there were, in effect, two kinds of
people: those who could have used or recognized the words "Abu Ghraib" a
few years ago, and those to whom it became a new term only last year.

Whole article:
 http://www.slate.com/id/2118306/

If the Abu Ghraib incidents were an isolated incident he might have a point, but as the Bush administration has demonstrated disdain for the Geneva Convention and a willingness to condone torture in many other instances, his diatribe falls flat.

--
Doug
The buck stops where? maru