At 08:46 PM 5/17/2005 -0500, Dan M. wrote:
>Let me ask a very simple question which bothers me a lot about the legality
>of third trimester abortions.  If a woman finds a hospital and a physician
>that are agreeable, is it legal to do a dilation and extraction on a fetus
>that is normally developed, 8 lbs, and 3 days overdue? AFAIK, the answer is
>yes.

Yes, such an abortion would be totally legal.

And so just to be clear, the baby would be three days overdue, labor would
be induced, and the skull of the baby would be punctured just before it
emerges from the mother.   This is legal in any case in which the woman
claims that *not* doing this would endanger her mental health.

JDG