On 5/28/05, Dan Minette <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> A quick fact
>

> > 6) He attacked Jewish schools because "Mossel was trying to kill him."
>
> >He opposed the Iraq war which did not help relations with Israel.  He
> >greatly dislikes the Likud party and Sharon as do many. There has been
> >no actions against Jewish schools. I can't find Chavez saying your
> >quote but other Venezuelans have said  it.
>
> http://www.worldjewishcongress.org/nfo/article.cfm?id=2359
>

> Police came to the school, Colegio Hebraica, Monday morning, just as 1,500
> children were arriving for class. They reportedly were searching for arms,
> based on the false accusations spread by Venezuelan state media that
> Israeli intelligence was connected with the recent assassination of federal
> prosecutor Danilo Anderson.
>
> First, there clearly was a raid on a Jewish school.  Second, IMHO,
> Venezualian state media take their orders from Chavez.
>
> I'll get to the other points later.
>
> Dan M.
2. There is a difference between state media - like our PBS, and the
popular private media.  The news shows on the state media have gotton
more popular based on the biased reporting of commercial media but
have their own opposite bias now.
1. I had actually read that report.  By this reasoning whenever the
police search a school for drugs or weapons based on a tip, say in
Houston for example, the mayor is attacking the school.
-
Gary Denton
Easter Lemming Blogs
http://elemming.blogspot.com