On 11 Jun 2005, at 11:04 pm, Ronn!Blankenship wrote:

While the redneck side of me may agree (and in fact suggests that the "chemical" method ought to involve something like pouring a liter or so of concentrated H2SO4 in their lap), my real opinion as to what should be done is to get the correction officers back in control of the prisons (and not in an abusive or sadistic way, either). If what it takes is keeping the inmates locked in their cells so they can't get to each other to rape each other or kill each other, so be it. If it involves a return to the practice of "making little ones our of big ones" so that when they return to the cell block they are too exhausted to commit mischief, so be it. Perhaps someone else has a better idea of how to fix the problems in the regular prisons . . . ?

Instead of the present incredibly wasteful and expensive prison system just transport all serious criminals to a tropical resort island and give them free booze, drugs and hookers for life. This would be far cheaper than the present prison system, more humane, and have a 0% recidivism rate since transportees don't get to return.

Less serious criminals can do tagged house arrest and community service.
--
William T Goodall
Mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"The Macintosh uses an experimental pointing device called a 'mouse.' There is no evidence that people want to use these things."
-John C. Dvorak, SF Examiner, Feb. 1984.