Vilyehm asked:

> What number galaxy is it for:
>
> Kithrup
> Gubru home planet
> Synthian home planet
> Thennanin home planet

Information not available.

> Now, Streaker is gone for three years. The siege of Earth was a little over
> two years.

That's possible. I still don't have a fix on its date.

> When did the Thennanin arrive, and would it be logical that there was a
> short lifting of the siege?

I don't know the dynamics of hyperspace sieges :-)

> Dates? I seem to get two different dates from looking in two different
> places on the web.

The Web has wrong information, based on wrong dates from the
1st edition of GURPS Uplift. The 2nd edition and the
Contacting Aliens book have more accurate dates.

FWIW:

2192: Bureaucracy Ends
2212: Contact with the Tymbrimi
2246: Sundiver incident [*]
2489: Streaker in Kithrup and invasion of Garth [**]
2490: Gubru expelled from Garth [***]
2491 or 2492: Streaker in Jijo
2492: Streaker comes back to Earth

Of couse, I kept on updating things, I could just point you to...

http://www.geocities.com/albmont/brin.htm

... but that timeline is horribly wrong.

Alberto Monteiro

[*] explicit year mentioned in the book!]

[**] most references get it wrong, ignoring the fact that
while Uplift War lasts about 1 year, Startide Rising takes
about a month [the core action, from Chapter 1 to
Chapter 124, lasts even less], and is almost completely
located inside UW

[***] probably