On Jul 20, 2005, at 11:40 PM, Dave Land wrote:

Actually things seem to have come back, but for about an hour or so, nada.

I poked around a little and can't seem to find anything that indicates
that there were any major increases in packet loss over the past couple
of hours. In particular, http://www.internettrafficreport.com/ doesn't
show any problems in North America since a slight blip around lunch,
pacific time.

It's likely regional. I'm not sure where a lot of the net traffic from around here is routed -- it could just as easily be Vegas as Phoenix -- or it could be something nearer, at the ISP itself. It's weird how random it seems to be, though. My own site (served from California) is reachable, but the ISP's portal for users (hosted who knows where, but possibly either NY or MN) is out. That's just one example of the apparently random nature of it.

Oh well. According to the ITR site there are several routers that are out right now, including one in Texas. If our local stuff is channeled via Phoenix through one of those points maybe that's the cause.

…Huh, and now it's back again.

--
Warren Ockrassa, Publisher/Editor, nightwares Books
http://books.nightwares.com/