On 3 Aug 2005, at 4:29 am, Doug Pensinger wrote:

William wrote:

Eradicating religion isn't an easy project, but it is easier than changing human nature or one of the other hard to eradicate causes of evil.

I would argue that a need to explain the unexplainable _is_ human nature and that religion provides those explanations. The more we are able to understand our universe, the less we will need the imaginary explanations provided by religion. Indeed, outside of the U.S. and less developed nations, the need for religion seems to be waning.

The degree to which the people of U.S. cling to religion baffles me.

ShrubMoron is speaking out on behalf of intelligent design again:

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na- creation3aug03,0,3586432.story?track=tottext

http://tinyurl.com/8zgqu

"Advocates of an alternative to the theory of evolution took heart Tuesday from President Bush's remarks that "both sides ought to be properly taught" in public schools.

In an interview with several Texas newspapers Monday, Bush was asked about the growing debate over the idea of "intelligent design," which holds that intelligent causes are responsible for the origin of the universe and of life. "I think that part of education is to expose people to different schools of thought," Bush said. "And I'm not suggesting — you're asking me whether or not people ought to be exposed to different ideas, and the answer is yes.""

This new American Lysenkoism, based on ridiculous religious ideas, will decimate a generation of potential life-scientists in the USA.
--
William T Goodall
Mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Maybe Windows is good for people who *think* they're geeks, but are not very good at it.