On Aug 16, 2005, at 4:09 PM, Gautam Mukunda wrote:

--- Dave Land <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Aug 16, 2005, at 10:40 AM, Gautam Mukunda wrote:
Pathetic. I will not allow the fact that I have a
consistent point of view to be held against me.

No, you just hold it against everyone you disagree
with.

I'm not even sure what you mean by this. I hold my
consistent point of view against everyone I disagree
with? I think I hold it regardless of my agreement or
disagreement with others. That's what I mean by a
"consistent" point of view.

But I think her belief that we
fought this war for Israel at the behest of a
Jewish
cabal is pretty obviously anti-semitic.  If you
believe that, have the balls to say so.  If you
don't,
have the decency to repudiate it.

This isn't about my balls, but it helps me see that
you are putting this in a "my manhood vs. your manhood"
frame, which I find completely useless.

No, it's about intellectual honesty and intellectual
courage.  It's now pretty clear to me that you _do_
believe these things.  This doesn't shock me, and it
explains a lot.

I don't see anything about intellectual honesty or
courage in your comment. Just an implied attack on
my masculinity if I'm not willing to concur with you.
Who brought up having balls?

If she made anti-semitic comments, then she spoke
poorly in her pain and anger. I don't agree with that
facet of her stand.

I am so sick of having to state obvious bullshit like
"just because I think it was wrong to attack Iraq does
not make me an America-hater or a Saddam-lover" or "just
because I defend Cindy Sheehan's right to demand that
the president talk to her doesn't mean I am a David Duke-
loving anti-semite."

You want to talk about intellectual dishonesty and
cowardice?

Dave