On Aug 19, 2005, at 7:29 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

In a message dated 8/19/2005 10:10:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I had asked what the source of the criticism was, because to me it is
abundantly clear that we can a priori assume a Klansman would have a
completely different intention than (for instance) an atheist. For some
reason you seem to think my question is irrelevant, or unworthy of
serious consideration or response. I believe to the contrary; I believe
the source of criticism is anything *except* irrelevant.

When I said any source I meant in a general population of western europe or the us was one more likely to here anti-semitic statements than anti-christian
statements. I was trying to get at the prevelence of "backround"
anti-semitism.

But coming from whom? Statements criticizing Jews, blacks, Asians or what have you originate either with individuals or with groups through a spokesman. Positing a vague "criticism" from a nameless, faceless "source" is not something that can usefully be responded to.

You've got to have some concrete examples of statements and sources before *any* serious judgment can be made about whether the statements are intended to be anti-semitic or not.

--
Warren Ockrassa, Publisher/Editor, nightwares Books
http://books.nightwares.com/