> William T Goodall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> quoted:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2089-1764115,00.html

<big DEFANGED_snip>
> Earth to Bush: the breaching of the levees had been
> foreseen for
> decades. If anyone wanted evidence that this
> president was completely
> divorced from reality, that statement was Exhibit
A...

Not to mention that a LA-raised friend of mine called
on _Monday_ night with news of deadly chaos at the
Convention Center, while all the interviews of gov't
officials I've seen state that 'they didn't know'
until Wed. --  not excusable, IMO.

> http://michellemalkin.com/archives/003458.htm
>
> "During his visit to Mobile, Ala., on Friday,
> President Bush singled
> out Michael D. Brown, head of the Federal Emergency
> Management  Agency, for praise:
<snip>

> - He blamed the flood victims in New Orleans for
> failing to evacuate
> on time, even though local authorities failed to
> make municipal
> vehicles available to residents who could not drive
> or did not own  their own cars.

This was a local gov't failure, certainly.

> "It took four days to begin a large-scale evacuation
> of people
> stranded in the Superdome stadium and to bring in
> significant amounts
> of food and water to an American city easily
> accessible by motorway,"
> the Observer notes. "Relief agencies took half that
> time to reach
> Indonesia after the Boxing Day tsunami. "

> This is not the time to give a weak performer the
> benefit of the
> doubt. The FEMA director's role in the ongoing
> recovery effort is too
> important to be entrusted to a clueless political
> hack with such poor judgment.

A lawyer who previously managed the International
Arabian Horse Association...*what* kind of experience
is that for managing disasters?   Still, that handicap
could have been overcome with diligent homework;
apparently, it wasn't.

Debbi
Any One Of Us Would Have Studied Ahead Maru   >:/