At 09:30 PM Tuesday 9/6/2005, Julia Thompson wrote:
William T Goodall wrote:
http://news.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=1891072005
"THE United States has asked the European Union and NATO for emergency assistance for the victims of Hurricane Katrina as salvage efforts in New Orleans and other cities begin to move from rescuing the living to recovering the dead.
Britain will send 500,000 military ration packs, the Ministry of
Defence said yesterday, as Germany and Italy announced military
shipments of their own. The 4,000-calorie British armed forces meal
packs are designed to last one person one day, with foods ranging from Lancashire hotpot and chicken curry to fruit dumplings with custard and Yorkie bars."

I'm trying now to imagine the reaction of someone who's eaten a lot of gumbo and etouffe to their first taste of some of this, and I'm not sure it's going to be pretty....

Especially if they Yorkie after eating it . . .

-- Ronn!  :)