Julia Thompson wrote:
My impression is that keyboards didn't always come with dedicated keys for moving the cursor, and it was on one of those that didn't that Dan first learned to use a keyboard properly....

I once got used to using a keyboard that had both the full NUM PAD and a full arrow pad with diagonals and a center space key. That was pretty useful, and every now and then for a game I'll miss it, then remember I can use the NUM PAD if I turn NUM LOCK off and use it. Games are the rare exception where I might turn off the NUM LOCK. Otherwise there are just so many long numbers that are much easier/quicker to type on the num pad.

--
--Max Battcher--
http://www.worldmaker.net/