You are both scaring me, now.

In fact, I do not perceive the military as our foe,
yet.  The US officer corps is the bulwark of
constitutionalism that stands between us and a cold
wind.

Which is of course the reason that the Troika is
bending all efforts to achieve a ferocious political
purge of the US officer corps.  They are reaming out
the flag officers, re-assigning middle grade men who
don't show zeal for political agendas, using the Iraq
War to lower morale, and using the Congressional
appointment system to pack about a third of every
class in US military academies with fundamentalist
zealots.  It is a detailed and well thought-out
campaign...

...and the imbecille democrats have not even noticed.
The moderates are fighting a holding action and the
lefties refuse to recognize the humanity of our
military men and women.  Hence they cannot and will
not recognize that our professional protectors now
need OUR protection.

I will clip below a snippet from tonight's blog entry
at http://davidbrin.blogspot.com/

As for the third leg of the troika - the apocolypts -
Heinlein was right to be afraid.

<b>More misc. items of interest:</b>

<i>Firms with Bush-Cheney Ties Clinching Katrina Deals
http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/091105C.shtml</i>
Companies with ties to the Bush White House and the
former head of FEMA are clinching some of the
administration's first disaster relief and
reconstruction contracts in the aftermath of Hurricane
Katrina.

In fact, I try only to cite Truthout when the articles
are rich in facts.  Their full-fledged buy into a
left-right view of the Culture War is not my bag.  Nor
is BillMoyers my favorite commentator.  I find him
often tendentious and his softball-worshipful
interviews with Joseph Campbell helped to spread
lefty-mysticism, even while Moyers claims to be
fighting mysticism of the right.  Still, the following
transcribed speech shows him at his best, as he
accepts an award for promoting moderate dialogue
between science and faith, at a time when others want
war between these two human traits.

<i>Bill Moyers on 9/11 and the Sport of God
http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/091105X.shtml</i>
Excerpt follows (read the paragraph all the way to its
scary end.)

Excerpt: <i>”Suddenly we were immersed in the
pathology of a "holy war" as defined by
fundamentalists on both sides. You could see this
pathology play out in General William Boykin. A
professional soldier, General Boykin had taken up with
a small group called the Faith Force Multiplier whose
members apply military principles to evangelism with a
manifesto summoning warriors "to the spiritual warfare
for souls." After Boykin had led Americans in a battle
against a Somalian warlord he announced: "I know my
God was bigger than his. I knew that my God was a real
God and his God was an idol."

“Now Boykin was going about evangelical revivals
preaching that America was in a holy war as "a
Christian nation" battling Satan and that America's
Muslim adversaries will be defeated "only if we come
against them in the name of Jesus." For such an hour,
America surely needed a godly leader. So General
Boykin explained how it was that the candidate who had
lost the election in 2000 nonetheless wound up in the
White House. President Bush, he said, "was not elected
by a majority of the voters - he was appointed by
God." Not surprising, instead of being reprimanded for
evangelizing while in uniform, General Boykin is now
the Deputy Undersecretary of Defense for
Intelligence.”</i>