----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Land" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <brin-l@mccmedia.com>
Sent: Monday, October 03, 2005 7:51 PM
Subject: Re: The dark side of faith

> On Oct 3, 2005, at 5:40 PM, Dan Minette wrote:

Sure....and if the study really wanted to check that conclusion, it would
have included other data that it "happened" to ignore....such as
correlations between religious devotion and the various rates in a given
country over a period of time.  If this were done, say, since WWII, we'd
see the exact opposite effect.

And, the multi-causal nature of these trends are also interesting.  For
example, the US is, by far,  the country that has been the most
multi-ethnic and multi-racial of the developed countries.  Japan's
xenophobia is overwhelming.  Europeans would rather fade away than include
Turks in "real" Europe.

Dan M.