On 10/3/05 6:52 PM, "Robert Seeberger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I know what you are saying. Electricians in NO make $22.09 /hr. This
> is comparable with Houston and is a fair wage for skilled electrical
> work in the commecial enviroment here in a Southern city. Compare that
> with the $40.00/hr electricians get in parts of California. (Can you
> say real estate crash......I thought you could!)

Summary is nobody with a journeyman card will accept less than that.
Period.  Even if DBA was in place or revoked.  NO is screwed because if a
journeyman can find work somewhere else (and they can), they will leave the
NO job market forever.

(My plant has been around for 100 years.  You should see some of the wiring
messes we have.)

> Good for you. Really! That is the responsible way to accept bids!

Management would have my ass if they found out, but cheap doesn't save me
money.  And I like buying stuff like Minster presses which always cost at
least 25% more than a Korean knockoff.

http://www.minster.com  (if you want to know more...)

I would buy a 40 year old Minster press and retrofit it before I would buy a
Korean press.  Don't even ask me about a Chinese made press.

> You and I seem to be on converging paths here.<G>

As long as we don't discuss baseball and Blues music, we are covered.

Matthew