>Using Camino, on davidbrin.net, all I get is:
>"Site Temporarily Unavailable
>We apologize for the inconvenience. Please contact the
>webmaster/ tech support immediately to have them rectify this.
>error id: "bad_httpd_conf" "
>Exactly the same result using IE.
>I'm using a Mac in Australia.
>Regards, Ray.

I just had an extensive conversation with Level Two tech support, and they
had a few ideas.

The following countries are blocked by most major ISP's:

China
Cuba
Iran
Iraq
Libya
North Korea
Nigeria
Sudan
Syria

They said that there are no blocks or technical reasons that DavidBrin.net
shouldn't work from Australia, and  virtually every other country that isn't
on the block list.

He did mention that depending on the ISP, it could take 3 to 5 days  for the
new DNS information to propagate to their servers. Their suggestion was to
give it a few more days and try again.  If this is the case, that could also
possibly explain why http://brinmirror.parasiticmeme.com/  didn't appear to
work right away. This subdomain could simply be slow to propagate.

In the mean time, here are a couple of more URL's that use the same host.
See if you can get to these, they have been around for months and years:

http://www.taylornunn.com/

http://www.europastation.com/gary/bttf/

http://www.europastation.com/gary/taylorpics/

If these addresses can be accessed from Australia, then perhaps it is simply
a propagation issue that will resolve itself in a few days.

Let me know.

Gary