Ronn!Blankenship wrote:
At 07:40 AM Friday 10/21/2005, Julia Thompson wrote:

Alberto Monteiro wrote:

Japanese researchers on Thursday unveiled the world's fastest electric sedan - an eight-wheeled prototype with a top speed of 370 kilometres (almost 230 miles) per hour. (...)

Ok, but like that old fable about the mice who thought their
problems would be solved by placing a bell in the cat, where
is this electricity coming? Diesel termoelectic plants? :-)

Hey, from an environmental standpoint, is it better to get electricity from an old coal-fired plant to charge an electric car, or use a gasoline-burning car?

I must say the performance of that electric car looks pretty sweet. :) (I'm all about acceleration.)

I want to know where they plan to drive it where such performance could be used.

Well, the 0-100, I know a few spots. :) (Except the nearest ones are no longer safe to take at 60mph+ anymore. We'll see how things are when all the construction is done on the highway that's supposed to open in 2007, see if there are any good stoplights in 60-mph zones. US 79 will *probably* have something, even if FM 685 is totally fubar in that respect when all is said and done.)

        Julia