Warren Ockrassa wrote:
On Oct 22, 2005, at 9:55 AM, Gary Nunn wrote:

Any thoughts on what type of plants she should use? I'm thinking possibly of a Bella Palm (cheap, everyday house plant available at Wal-Mart), but I'm
afraid it will grow too slowly to show measurable growth.

IIRC the UofA Tucson was trying this with tomatoes. No idea if they'd grow fast enough though.

For that length of a project, they might.

Corn isn't a great choice for a 3-week experiment. Works OK, just not great. That's about all I can say from first-hand experience on what plants to use for science projects. :)

        Julia