At 11:57 PM Sunday 11/6/2005, Dave Land wrote:
On Nov 6, 2005, at 9:28 AM, Matt Grimaldi wrote:

There is quite a difference between a $10 and
a $50 keyboard, btw. I guess I'm picky about
how the key *feels* while being pressed, and the
cheaper keyboards just don't do it right.  Niether
do the rollable keyboards, in their own way.

The first keyboard I paid real money for is a Saitek Eclipse
illuminated, for which I paid about $50 or $60, to replace a $10
keyboard (A QTronix Scorpius with a built-in trackball, and a real
piece of crap that failed to reliably type upper-case characters, and
from which many of the keytop labels disappeared after a couple of
months).

The Saitek is huge: bigger even than the old "Saratoga" keyboard from
Apple (so named because it was about as big as an aircraft carrier).
It has a great feel and even sounds decent, and the blue LED
backlighting makes it even easy to type passwords in the dark. You
know, like when you're breaking in to government computers.

It looks like it is designed to go with modders' computers, all black
and silver and bright blue LEDs and with knobby extensions at the
corners where screws hold the whole thing together.

If it were normal-sized and had dim red LEDs, there's a good chance I would get one. (Especially if it also
had a reliable built-in trackball or touchpad.)

--Ronn!  :)

"Since I was a small boy, two states have been added to our country and two words have been added to the pledge of Allegiance... UNDER GOD. Wouldn't it be a pity if someone said that is a prayer and that would be eliminated from schools too?"
   -- Red Skelton