http://www.newvoyages.com/

Well...........a group of fans set themselves to finish the last two
seasons of TOS original 5 year mission. It is being written up in the
new Wired. (Pretty big article actually)

I just watched ep2 (it is the only ep of the 3 made so far that is
currently available.

Here:

http://www.kimaura.com/newvoyages/NewVoyages.html

I recommend that at the very least you watch the trailers. (If you
have Windows Media Player)

My take:
The acting is fairly poor.
The script is pretty good for fanfic.
The dialogue is worse than any by G.Lucas.
The special effects range from OK/good to damn impressive (Especially
considering the amateur source)

The plot gathers threads from all over TOS Trek. The War Machines
(From the episode with William Windom who by the way reprises his
character for a cameo here), The Time Gateway (from the ep with Joan
Collins), the Slingshot Effect (from a couple of eps), and a few small
items that I wouldn't want to spoil for anyone. The story would have
been a moderate blockbuster episode of TOS in the sense that it is
action oriented and a bit suspenseful.

With some better actors and some sprucing of the script, this would
have made a fairly good episode of TOS.

It was good enough that I will go back to see more episodes as soon an
they are available.
There is a new Star Trek in town.

xponent
I Might Watch It Again Maru