PAT MATHEWS wrote:

Living in a fantasy world - you say that like it's a bad thing.

From: Alberto Monteiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Killer Bs Discussion <brin-l@mccmedia.com>
Subject: Re: White House Ghosts
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 12:37:47 +0000

Warren Ockrassa wrote:

>> Lincoln replies, "Go see a play."
>
> God damn, that's one of the best jokes I've read in a long time. That's
> Carlin level material, man. Was it original to you?

Few jokes are original, most of them are adaptations of previous jokes
with other presidentes, even some that got recycled from one country
to another.

Maybe one day I will create a "Universal Joke Generator". I would have
something like a "Universal Racist Joke Generator" and a "Universal
Character Joke Generator".

The Racist Generator is simple: enter your favourite race with racial
traits that you consider positive and negative, and the Generator sorts
races to scorn and races to praise.

For example, if you are a "urs" and enter "human", saying that "humans"
are "smelly", and that "g'Kek" and "hoons" are "moderately smelly", the
Generator would say something like:

  "The was a contest to see which race could stand for more time a skunk.
   The hoon entered a room with a skunk, remained there for 10 minutes,
and then left, yelling that he couldn't stand it any more. Then the g'Kek got in, remained there for 20 minutes, and left, yelling that he couldn't stand it any more. Then the human got in, and after 30 minutes the skunk
  left, crying that he couldn't stand the human any more."

Alberto Monteiro

I heard that joke about the trapper, the skunks, and a politician.

Pat, grinning. Did you hear the one about the televangelist from Phoenix who died, and....

"It's freezing cold down here! Get me a blanket!"

Heh.

One day, the Devil goes to God to complain about what's been happening in Hell.

"Billy Graham is converting everyone, and Jerry Falwell has raised enough money to put in air conditioning!"

(That was one of my father's favorite jokes to tell.)

        Julia

who has fond memories of the schadenfreude of a woman in her 70s on a day Falwell went on the air to plead for contributions to help cover what the IRS said he owed them