At 12:39 PM Monday 12/12/2005, Deborah Harrell wrote:

<shudders>  Sorry, I have tried mole several times and
found it very unpalatable; maybe it just wasn't
prepared correctly.

A cat keeps them out of the garden, but AFAIK they generally eat them raw (whatever part of them they do eat). I don't know how to prepare them so humans will enjoy them. I suspect that the first step would be to remove the dirt . . .

  But mango-chipotle salsa sounds
delicious!

> If you are adventurous, try a dash of Trappey's Red
> Devil Sauce in your
> cocoa.  Or a mixture of green chillies, ginger,
> coriander, and cumin, like
> you might find in an Indian curry -- I would leave
> out the onions, garlic, tomato, and ghee :-)

You *are* skating on the edge of sanity, sir; I wish
to _enhance_ the flavor of cocoa, not mangle it.  ;)

My years-ago trial of fresh ginger in tea with milk
was tongue-curdling; how do you mix ginger and milk
without that?  Or is it a matter of amount, or using
powdered ginger instead of fresh?

I like ginger, and I like milk, but I have never tried mixing them.

-- Ronn!  :)

Someone asked me to change my .sig quote, so I did.