Much snippage throughout-

> Mauro Diotallevi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Deborah Harrell wrote:
> > > Mauro "the gourmand" Diotallevi wrote:

> > > ...Think mango and chipotle peppers
> > > together, for an example, or papaya and cayenne.
 Or
> > > the mixture of chocolate and various peppers in
mole.

> > <shudders>  Sorry, I have tried mole several times
and
> > found it very unpalatable...But mango-chipotle
salsa sounds
> > delicious!

> Mangoes are one of my favorite foods in the world,
> but mole comes in a close
> second. ...But certainly, everyone's tastes are
different.  For
> example, despite their
> similarities, I enjoy a good haggis but am not much
> fond of menudo.

Some friends brought traditional and vegetarian haggis
back from Scotland - I enjoyed both, but the veggie
was nicely spicy, so I preferred that.

> > ...My years-ago trial of fresh ginger in tea with
milk
> > was tongue-curdling; how do you mix ginger and
milk
> > without that?  Or is it a matter of amount, or
using
> > powdered ginger instead of fresh?

> Definitely powdered ginger, carefully applied.

Guess I'll have to get some.

> > > And of course, any sweetener added to any of
these

http://www.candhsugarcompany.com/Consumer/cane_vs_beet.html
> at the C&H website:
> "Cane sugar contains trace minerals that are
> different from those in beet
> sugar, and it's these minerals that many experts say
> make cane sugar preferable to use...

[Aside: eeeuuw!  !Ronn!  :P]
I do prefer C&H brown sugar to the less expensive ones
that are essentially white sugar with molasses added
back (waves to Julia).

Debbi
whose cat prefers vole tartar, but would probably
enjoy mole that way as well

>From the "Song of Bashir"-

Mousies fleet are quite a treat
To chase around the barn-o;