----- Original Message -----
From: "Gary Nunn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Killer Bs Discussion'" <brin-l@mccmedia.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 01, 2006 10:53 AM
Subject: LSSU 2006 List of Banished Words

> I ran across this on some obscure news page, and then after reading
> it, also
> saw it on ABCnews.com. You have to visit the webpage and read the
> short
> description to appreciate why some of these made it to the banished
> list.
>

>>From the Banished Words history page...
> In order to gain the most media coverage possible, the Banishment
> List is
> released each year on New Year's Day. This is attributed to former
> newsman
> Rabe's knowledge of the press. New Year's Day is traditionally a
> slow news
> day.
>

> 2006 list...
>
> BREAKING NEWS - Once it stopped presses. Now it's a lower-intestinal
> condition brought about by eating dinner during newscasts. "Now they
> have to
> interrupt my supper to tell me that Katie Holmes is pregnant." -
> Michael
> Raczko, Swanton, Ohio.
>
> DESIGNER BREED - Many nominators consider this a bastardization of
> dog
> breeding. It may be a good line to use on angry neighbors when an
> un-neutered dog escapes. "When you mate a miniature schnauzer to a
> toy
> poodle, it's not a 'Schnoodle,' it's a mongrel." - George
> Bullerjahn,
> Bowling Green, Ohio.
>

> SURREAL
> HUNKER DOWN
> PERSON OF INTEREST
> COMMUNITY OF LEARNERS
> UP OR DOWN VOTE
> 97% FAT FREE
> FEMA
> FIRST-TIME CALLER
> PASS THE SAVINGS ON TO YOU!
> AN ACCIDENT THAT DIDN'T HAVE TO HAPPEN
> JUNK SCIENCE
> GIT-ER-DONE
> DAWG
> TALKING POINTS
> HOLIDAY TREE
>
> http://www.lssu.edu/banished/current.php

Unfortunately, "Git'R'Done" isn't going away fast enough for me.
The thing I hate most about Larry the Cable Guy is that he makes
dumb-uninterested-hick-southerness appear to possess some sort of
mantle of coolness. This, IMO, causes unsophisticates to further
embrace the redneck ethic of "stupidity worship as a virtue". And
*that* is a little too close to Cut'N'Shoot, Texas for my taste.

xponent
Unlike Sgt. York Maru
rob