Dave Land wrote:
On Jan 2, 2006, at 5:09 AM, Alberto Monteiro wrote:

Gary Nunn wrote:

"My bad" - This is just bad grammar and silly slang. I cringe when I hear
educated adults say this.

I was happy as heck to see the phrase "Cowboy up" go. I have no idea where it originated (nor any interest in learning), but was pleased that it was less than a flash in the pan.

I totally missed that one.  Just as happy I did.

I really hated "good to go" when I first was hearing it, but it doesn't irritate me so much now. (When your first exposure is someone who is saying it 10-20 times A DAY in your presence, most of them when you're the only one around to hear, it gets old very quickly.)

For "my bad" I much prefer "my fault". Grammatically, it's a much better construction.

I'm hearing "uh-oh" and "whoops" a lot now.  :)  But I can live with that.

        Julia