I'm home sick today, and all the local news channels have for the last
couple of hours been focused on a car chase. The police have chased
this assault perp through at least 3 counties starting out in Dan's
end of town, circulating all over the north and western extremes of
Harris County. The chase passed through the part of town where my son
lives before heading toward the downtown area where traffic began to
get thick. In his attempt to evade capture the driver turned and drove
the wrong way down a long elevated freeway entrance ramp, eventually
colliding with another vehicle.

A woman quickly jumped out of the car that was struck by the suspect,
took a swat at the perp through his window (still closed), climbed
over the smashed hood of the car and frantically tried to open the
back doors of her car.
At this point I'm freaking out, imagining injured children and their
mothers hysteria.

The suspect was trying to get out through the sunroof of his BMW when
the police, keeping some distance, guns drawn, readied themselves to
make the arrest.
The woman, frustrated, unable to open the car doors, moved toward the
suspect, and I am certain that without the presence of the police, she
would have kicked the bastards ass til he looked like a bucket of
hammered assholes.

In a few moments the police freed a door and removed a baby, safely
ensconced in a car seat, and after a few moments of calming each
seperately, reunited them.
There is still no news about the driver (the mother was in the
passenger seat).

A few minutes later, a man calls into the TV station and talked to the
news team live.
He claimed to be the womans husband and the father of the baby girl.
According to this man, they are New Orleans evacuees and the mother
and the daughters names are both...........Katrina Chase.

At this point who knows if this is true, but if so, isn't that just a
messed up bit of irony?

xponent
Laughing And Crying Maru
rob