On Feb 6, 2006, at 7:04 PM, Robert Seeberger wrote:

Go placidly amid the noise & waste, & remember what comfort there may
be in owning a piece thereof...

Wow! Deteriorata. I haven't heard that in years.

Amazing how the dig on domestic surveillance ("If you need
help, call the FBI") is right back in the news again. I listened to
a bit of today's hearings and especially enjoyed Sen. Leahy's
sharply sarcastic retort when Alfredo Gonzalez refused to answer yet
another question on the basis that it was "operational", rather than
going to the overall legality of the program: "Oh, I'm sorry, Mr.
Attorney General, I forgot that you're not allowed to answer any
questions that would be helpful to this committee" (or words to that
effect).

Amazing how it only took 30 years for us to elect a president that
makes Richard Nixon look good.

Dave