Ronn!Blankenship wrote:
At 09:21 AM Saturday 2/11/2006, Bryon Daly wrote:

On 2/10/06, The Fool <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So is this right?:

It looks like it should successfully swap the byte order for you. You should
be able to test it easily enough by writing the same number once with the
swap and once without it into Mem.  Then print out Mem (or view in the
debugger) and see that they're reversed compared to each other.

I'm still not sure why you want to make everything big endian, though. Is it just to make it easier to manipulate the individual bytes at some later
point?  Personally, instead of swapping every value I wrote into Mem, I'd
probably code the byte manipulation routines to handle the little endian
order.

One little, two little, three little endian,
Four little, five little, six little endian,
Seven little, eight little, nine little endian
In little endian order.

I Can't Be The Only One Thinking Of This Maru

Well, I hadn't thought of it until you brought it up, actually....  :)

        Julia

Yet Another Tune To Stick In My Head (I have links for free downloads of a couple of the others if anyone wants them)