On 2/15/06, Jim Sharkey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I was on the fence about them because it seemed to me that Simmons'
> editor was letting him get far too verbose in some sections, probably
> adding a good 50+ pages of fluff between the two Endymion books,
> which made sections of them drag.  And then I also have a pet peeve
> about authors who change the established rules of their universe
> because it's convenient (that's why I think Goodkind's pretty much a
> hack, excepting the first and sixth SoT books), which I felt Simmons
> did a fair amount of. But the last 50-100 pages of _Rise of Endymion_
> I found to be incredibly affecting, and they rescued the series for
> me.
>
> Jim

Going off on a tangent here... you liked Faith of the Fallen? Ugh. I
was disgusted when I realized I was reading a *bad* rehash of Ayn
Rand- if I wanted Randian ideologues spouting off in fiction at me,
I'll go to the source, thank you every much. Totally spoiled the
series for me.

~Maru
One was just plain awesome though.